Last Updated on
We’re proud to announce the release of our Mesh API 2.0. The new and improved API is faster, stronger and more advanced. Read on to see what we’ve done and how that impacts users.
What is Mesh?
Mesh, Venzee’s core product, is our intelligent content distribution platform. It is Venzee’s answer to retail’s growing connectivity problem that’s becoming more painful by the minute. The market’s need for product data is growing exponentially, and brands and manufacturers (and the technology solutions they rely on to reduce the chaos) are struggling to keep up with demand.
So how are the millions of required data attributes getting from brands to retailers? Right now, the answer is slowly. Sending product data to retailers is a complicated mess with manual steps, errors, content teams, changing templates, and cumbersome platforms with steps specific to each retailer.
Venzee simplifies this process. With Mesh, digital content flows into our platform (We have 3 ways of doing this). There, the content is mapped, transformed and validated against current channel requirements. Next, it’s distributed to any number of retailers and ecommerce platforms.
One API to connect to all of your retailers
Mesh API is the easiest way for content management solutions to connect to retailers. Integrating with Mesh gives our technology partners black box content distribution capabilities. Instead of having to manage numerous outbound connections to external systems and channels, content management platforms can connect to multiple retail channels through a single integration with Venzee.
Venzee is building seamless supply networks where digital product content flows from brands and manufacturers through Venzee and out to multiple sales channels, and that’s what we’re selling. Our API is a perfect solution for product information management (PIM), digital asset management (DAM), master data management (MDM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and other content management solutions who want to expand platform capabilities to content distribution.
What’s new in Mesh 2.0?
Venzee continues to deliver technology that gives our partners competitive advantage. In this second generation API, we’ve updated our architecture so we can deploy solutions for our partners faster, optimized high volume data handling, and increased processing speed.
“The new API greatly simplifies how Venzee integrates with other systems. We’ve made it even easier for product information management and other content management providers to add content distribution to their workflows. Venzee can connect to any channel, regardless of API availability or integration method. Every system is different, and our technology enables us to integrate with them all, regardless of complexity,” Chief Technology Officer Markus Westerholz said.
Previously, we announced Venzee’s update to a fully microservice-based architecture, and this new API also features a microservice architecture, so application components can be deployed, tweaked, and redeployed independently without compromising the application’s integrity. As a result, we can deploy improvements to our platform faster and focus on optimizing internal and external processes, including the optimization of messaging feeds to partners and clients that provide live updates on product information and status.
Here are the specifics:
- Expanded 2-way messaging – Maximum feedback on product content, including information on status changes, validation errors with guidance on how to fix data, and more.
- Custom notification and response configuration on a per event basis – Clients can update default messaging and system responses with custom messaging as desired.
- Channel requirement monitoring – Clients can receive, manage and display channel requirements, or attribute/schema requirements, in their systems.
- Supports distribution channel setup – Clients can set up channels for distribution strictly via API.
- Improved documentation – Up-to-date documentation available on Venzee’s Developer Portal. The API is self-documenting, providing clear documentation on how the API endpoints work and how they should be used for easier integration into a system, for easier development.
- Improved architecture – Ability to receive data in more formats, better support for high volume data sets and faster data processing.
- Blackbox ready – All default messaging is generic, allowing partners to apply custom branding when presenting messaging to clients.
Mesh API 2.0 is already in use by two of our PIM channel partners. These PIM providers are focused on digital supply chain solutions for mid-size and enterprise brands and manufacturers globally and have integrated with Venzee to automate the distribution of product content to retailers like:
- Amazon (both Amazon Vendor Central and Amazon Seller Central)
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- The Home Depot
- And more
The release of Mesh API 2.0 marks another 2019 growth milestone for Venzee. Our advancing technology demonstrates the maturity that we have over competing solutions. Our five signed channel partnerships and the two channel partner integrations we’ve had recently in quick succession evidence the urgent need that brands have to modernize how they’re distributing product content to retailers. It also shows that Venzee has the trust of its partners to deliver on its promise for some of the biggest brands in the world.
More about Mesh
Mesh features include the following:
- Integrated product content distribution
- Product content transformation and validation
- Live channel requirement monitoring
- Blackbox ready
- Fully documented REST API
- Product content status feedback
Venzee’s Mesh API makes product content distribution easy. We relieve the burden of delivering complete, accurate content to retailers for our PIM, MDM, DAM, ERP, etc. partners (for their thousands of manufacturer and brand customers).